Do the Detroit Tigers make the Playoffs with that 2-10 record on 4-13?

Monday, November 19, 2007

Tom Glavine signs and Rogers speculation


Wow its been 5 long years but the second of the legendary Braves trio has found his way back to Atlanta. Tom Glavine officially signed with the Braves for $8 million one year deal. This a great day for the braves. He will give us a solid #3 starter in the rotation and also mentor the young guys at #4 and #5 spots on the rotation. He seems extremely comfortable as says he doesn't want to be a #1 starter on the staff. He was quoted today saying:

"I don't think I'm that kind of pitcher anymore. There's enough pressure to go out and pitch in this game without the pressures of feeling that every time you go out there that you have to prove to people that you're worth something or worth a certain amount of money. "The last two years, I've forgone options that I had in my contract for more money than I ended up making simply because I don't view myself as a No. 1 guy anymore, and I don't think I should be paid that way. That's just the way that I am. That doesn't mean that I still can't go out there for stretches of time and pitch like a No. 1 guy."

Glavine will be a welcome addition to the Braves staff and organization once again.

Kenny Rogers finally started negotiations again for a deal with the Tigers this time his agent is himself. Rogers was contacted by Dombrowski but DD decided to not talk about what they discussed. That $8 million one year deal looks perfect and maybe add on some treats for Rogers for some extra cash and give him a $9-9.5 million total incentive laden deal. With Glavine signing for $8 million at a discount, one has to wonder if Rogers might do the same thing. Let us hope.

In other Detroit news, the money hungry, money grabbing, Pudge Rodriguez wants to catch til he is 40 years old. That's big but he wont get the big bucks like he used to unless he does something miraculous this season for his last big FA year.

No comments: